Sunday, June 5, 2011

Down the back today

This morning as I was sitting in the family room, supposedly doing some planning for this week at Kindergym, I noticed a glint through trees.




So I slipped on my uggies - looked fantastic with my pj's - and hot footed it down the back.  Obviously I had to grab the ladder too, otherwise there was no way I could see over the fence.  Fortuntely it was only a shed being built on the front block but then I noticed it...



someone has marked out house foundations on the block.  Looks like the time has come that when I look out of the family room I'm going to see someone else's roof line down the back.

Our block and the 3 next door to us and the same behind us all belonged to one family.  They had a small dairy and grew vegetables for the local community.  They then subdivided our side and kept their side of the block as one until recently when they subdivided their side.  We toyed with the idea of buying one of the blocks and rebuilding but we missed out, which I'm sort of relieved about because the blocks are smaller than what we have.  But on the other hand a new house would of been good.

While I was down the back I took some vege plot photos - they are growing - very slowly tho.











Wishing you all a splendiferous week.





3 comments:

Phoebe said...

I hope the house won't be too offensive to your view. I always worry when seeing foundations marked out. I imagine what kind of ugly baby it will turn into!

The veggies are looking good. My broccoli is small too... Fingers crossed things speed up soon!

littlekarstar said...

Hallo! Your plot looks lovely and big plenty of room for spreading vegies. The sunlight looks lovely too. I hope the hosue they are building still lets good light into your garden. And that your neighbours turn out to be wonderful folk!

Judith said...

We've got our fingers crossed that they're not going to build a two-storey house - otherwise we might regret chopping down some of the big tree last holidays.

The shape of the foundation looks very, shall we say, unusual. So let's hope it's not too kooky.

Thanks for leaving a comment - I get excited when I see I have some.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...