Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Vintage sale

My Wonderful Neighbour who has the most wonderful collection of "things vintage" had a sale on Saturday.  I was lounging in my pj's on Saturday morning eating my toast and vegemite - no Saturday sport - when Wonderful's husband knocked on the door to let me know.  (Hopefully I didn't miss anything too good because we were out when Wonderful's husband came over on Friday night to tell me).

Quick change of pj pants to trackie pants and I was out the door with purse in hand.  It was like Aladdin's Cave - so many treasures to behold.  It was set out just like a shop - sorted in colour or theme.  I could easily have bought so much but the downside of teenage boys is there is never any money left in my purse.  I did buy 3 plates.  Here's one of them...


Pretty isn't it? 

What about these...



They belonged to my husband and his brother. They got them for Easter one year with the obligatory chocolate egg.  If rabbits are more your thing, pop over to Enchanted Moments and have a look.

I love all this sort of stuff don't you?

2 comments:

Ali said...

I love any sort of pre-loved sale, I guess because you never know what you might find. The plate you bought is just lovely, do you have a bit of an eclectic collection?

I just finished "Dialogues of the Deal" A Dalziel and Pascoe novel... ooo it was good!

Judith said...

Me too. I used to collect mainly blue and white china then I got all my mother in law's china etc when she came to live with us. So now it is eclectic which I think is much more interesting. What about you?

I've never read any Dalziel and Pascoe novels -are they murder mystery? I'm still stuck reading "A second honeymoon" by Joanna Trollope not inspiring so far.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...