Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cooking books

We have 3 companies that deliver books to work, parents get to have a browse and purchase if they want.  Depending on sales, Kindergym gets to choose some books to the value of 10%, which we then put away for our raffle.


This is one of the best cook books I've bought from the book displays.  The recipes are sorted into sections:


breakfast and brunch
quick snacks
children's meals
marvelous melts
wonderful wraps
comfort food

This cook book is one that I've probably used the most out of all the cook books I've bought.   It has some great recipes but do you know why this book is worth every cent I paid for it?  It has one piece of advice that has saved me soooo much time and mess:

"Line an electric frying pan with baking paper and pour olive oil on top..."

That's all, just "line...with baking paper".  How simple is that?  So so so much easier when you're cooking schnitzel or anything that has a habit of sticking to the bottom of the pan - that just about covers all my cooking.  When you've finished cooking just pick up the baking paper and put it in the bin, the pan just needs a soapy wash, no scrubbing or soaking.  I did learn the hard way tho that you can't put baking paper under the grill - well unless you're 'flame" grilling something.

1 comment:

Natalie @ Blossoming Visions said...

Cook books are the best! I can sit in a Borders and read for hours. I'm like a kid in a candy shop! Thanks for stopping by..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...