Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Late again...

It's Wednesday so that means it's time to link up with Hazel for Winter Wednesday.  You'd think, given that I'm on holidays, that I could get this post done a little earlier, but no it wasn't to be.

I had a look through the winter section of "60 second Secrets to a happy, healthy, more relaxed you" by Julie Maree Wood  last night.  I found what looks like an easy recipe for hand cream "to get rid of that winter crocodile skin".



Recipe from the book is:

Place an egg yolk and 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice into the blender and whiz.

Slowly add 1/3 cup of vegetable or almond oil, 1/4 cup sunflower oil and 5 drops of your favourite essential oil.

Once it is thick and creamy, place it in a glass jar and keep it in the fridge. 

Rub it on your hands whenever you think of it.



I used a pre-mixed blend of Rosemary, Peppermint and Lemon pure essential oils.

It didn't take long to whiz up but not sure it went as thick and creamy as I expected - maybe my egg yolk was too small....



I had the perfect little glass decanter in the cupboard - I used to use a lot of essential oils and was always mixing a blend for "something".  I decided to put some on my feet as well as my hands as they need just as much help.




Now it's onto some edible whizzing - red velvet cupcakes here I come.



2 comments:

Enchanted Moments said...

I cant help admiring all your blue and white china Judith...oh, yes, and your feet look remarkable soft too...maybe you could use your thermomix to whip up another batch of hand cream???????

Judith said...

I do like blue and white china. I saw some blue and white chinamen bookends today in a local shop - ah so tempting but so expensive too.

I'll have to let you know how good the hand cream is before I whip up anymore. It was a bit watery.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...