Friday, December 28, 2012

Changing lives


I'm experiencing something weird...





The other Monday I started school holidays, Richard was on annual leave and the boys went to work.  Work???

After all these years of the boys and I being on school holidays together it's all over...I won't say it was all over in a flash, because sometimes the school holidays couldn't end quick enough but it seemed to happen all of a sudden.

Tom has a job as a seasonal firefighter with the Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources.  He has a contract until the end of May.  It's his first real job and it all fell into place at the end of his gap year.  He's been involved as a volunteer firefighter with our local Country Fire Service for 5 years and this helped him get the job. 

Michael has a school based traineeship so during term time he works 2 days a week, goes to school 3 days a week and also has external studies to complete with a trainer.  At the end of 2013 he'll be a qualified Horticulturalist.  He'll be working most days during the school holidays.

So with Richard now back at work after 2 weeks off, I'm home alone...just me...very weird.

5 comments:

duchess_declutter said...

Nice to see you back Judith!
Things do change quickly, I know. My son has just graduated, and looking at Uni next year. All fun though - hope you are enjoying yourself. cheers Wendy

Enchanted Moments said...

When Ralph goes back to work, come and sip tea with me under the vines....

Judith said...

Let me know when you're free Suzanne because I'd love to come and sip tea with you.

Thanks Wendy. I've been popping back to see what everyone's been up but not written a post.

:-)

Rebecca said...

Lovely to see you back in blogland Judith. You can come down here for a swim.

Judith said...

Thanks Rebecca. I'd love to come check out your new pool...I could dip my big toe in. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...